This is a quick and easy way to satisfy that craving for something cheesy, something salty, and something savoury. This recipe uses leeks and spring onions for extra flavour, and cheddar cheese for that salty-cheesy taste.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking/baking time: 20 minutes
- 1 sheet store-bought puff pastry (I like Pampa’s)
- Smoked salmon – as much/little as you like
- 3 eggs
- Leeks and spring onions – as much/little as you like
- Grated cheddar cheese – 110g or as much/little as you like
- 150ml whipping cream or milk
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Putting it all together
- Slice the leeks and spring onion thinly. Saute the sliced leeks with a little olive oil in a pan, until it softens.
- Mix the eggs, whipping cream/milk, cheese, dill, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk vigorously.
- Slice the smoked salmon into thin strips of about 1cm – 2cm each.
- Glaze a baking dish with olive oil and line the dish with the thawed sheet of puff pastry.
- Scatter the smoked salmon over the pastry.
- Scatter the spring onions and leeks over the pastry.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over the salmon and leeks.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.