Since embarking on the Student & Tai-Tai Life, I have made it a point to get fitter, get stronger and lose some weight (and inches!) in the process. Unfortunately, the lack of a paycheck meant I had to fire my personal trainer. But I’m hoping no job = more time = more opportunities to exercise.
The dream: to get my 25 year-old Hot-Bod back – the one that climbed Mt Ophir and that traipsed across Turkey and Eastern Europe with a heavy backpack. But at this point, I’ll be ecstatic if I lost 5 kilos and/or 2 inches off my tummy. Better yet, if I lost that third tummy.
The Plan (1st 3 weeks):
Cross-trainer: 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. 1 minute intervals interspersed within those 30 minutes
Strength training: 1 minute circuits of push-ups, crunches, squats, lunges, various moves with dumbbells – at least once a week
Yoga: Downward dog and warrior poses, to stretch out after each workout
I’m very proud to say, I managed 5 cross-trainer workouts on both Weeks 1 and 2, and strength training once a week too.
This week, I’ve done strength training twice already, and managed to do the cross-trainer every day so far – yay me!
Plus, was very happy to hit the trails once more, at Mac Ritchie Reservoir. Nature, how I’ve missed you! See you again soon (I hope).
- Why You Don’t Need Expensive Gym Equipment For A Fun, Effective Workout (leowfactor.wordpress.com)
- The Lean and Mean Routine………… (fan4fitness.wordpress.com)
- Printable Workout: 15 Minute Strength Training Workout, Perfect for Beginners (fitfabcities.com)
- You’ve Made Your Bod, Now Lie in It (Virtues of Protein and Rest) (emac2321group2blog.wordpress.com)
- Week Seven: Feeling good, feeling great (mbhealthystudents.wordpress.com)